Application and Lottery Preference Information
Application Information for the 2017-2018 School Year
GENERAL ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
2017-18 School Year
Download the 2017-2018 application HERE.
Thank you for your interest in Natomas Charter School’s Performing and Fine Arts Academy (PFAA). If accepted, your child will be part of a program that combines a rigorous academic education with world class artistic training. PFAA consists of a middle school program (Grades 6-8) and a High School (Grades 9-12). Students are introduced to all art forms throughout their training at PFAA and develop a high level of artistic mastery by graduation through a combination of projects, performances, classes, and training. We are excited that you are considering joining our family.
APPLICATION PERIOD - Applications will be available for download above or can be obtained in our main office beginning on December 5th, 2016. Completed applications will be due on or before February 24, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. in the Natomas Charter School office at 4600 Blackrock Drive. All documents must be submitted in person by a parent or guardian in order for the application to be considered a qualified application for enrollment. We appreciate your time in completing an application packet.
MIDDLE SCHOOL INFORMATION NIGHTS - We will be hosting 2 evening sessions to bring you information on all of our Natomas Charter School middle school programs, including Leading Edge, PFAA, and PACT. They will be held Tuesday, January 17th, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at Star Academy (4004 Gloster) and Thursday, January 26th, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the NCS Main Campus (4600 Blackrock Drive). No RSVP required.
Family Preview Day - If you would like get a first-hand look at our program, Family Preview Day is scheduled for Tuesday, February 7th, 8:45-10:30 a.m. Start your visit by watching some PFAA student performances and getting information about the program from Mathew DeMeritt, the Performing and Fine Arts Academy Coordinator, and some of our fantastic students and teachers. After you have had an opportunity to chat and ask questions you will be able to tour our campus, visit classrooms, view student displays and meet with teachers.
LOTTERY - The lottery for the 2017-18 school year will be held March 22nd, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. in the Media Center (Building B) on the Natomas Charter School main campus. The public is welcome to attend; children under age 18 must remain outside during the lottery.
How to Apply
- All applications must be submitted in person by a parent or guardian.
- A complete application contains 6 pages including the cover letter. All pages must be returned with the appropriate documentation to the Charter office.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
The public random drawings shall be conducted in stages in accordance with the following preferences in the priority order listed below. These preferences are authorized in accordance with applicable law.
- Priority 1: Students currently attending the specific program shall be automatically re-enrolled for the following year.
- Priority 2: Children of NCS Full-Time Employees and/or current Board of Directors and elected Advisors to the Board, a) who reside in the Natomas Unified School District ("District" or "NUSD"), or b) who reside outside the District.
- Priority 3: Applicants for the Performing and Fine Arts Academy who score in the top 15% of audition criteria.
- Priority 4: Siblings of students who currently attend the same program to which the applicant is applying, who reside in the District.
- Priority 5: Siblings of students who currently attend any NCS program, who reside in the District.
- Priority 6: Students currently enrolled in NCS who have successfully completed the previous full school year in a NCS program other than the program for which the applicant applied, who reside in the District.
- Priority 7: Students on the wait list from the previous year (who submitted an application during the application period) for the same program for which the applicant applied, who reside in the district.
- Priority 8: All other applicants residing within the NUSD.
- Priority 9: Siblings of students who currently attend the same NCS program to which the applicant is applying, who reside outside of the District.
- Priority 10: Siblings of students who currently attend any NCS program, who reside outside of the District.
- Priority 11: Students currently enrolled in NCS who have successfully completed the previous full school year in a NCS program other than the program for which the applicant applied, who reside outside of the District.
- Priority 12: Students on the waitlist from the previous year (for students who submitted an application during the open application period) for the same program for which the applicant applied, who reside outside of the District.
- Priority 13: All other out-of-District applicants.
If an application has been intentionally misrepresented, the application shall be invalidated. Upon notice, the applicants will, however, be granted an opportunity to respond within 5 school days.