Mission and Vision
The mission of Natomas Charter School’s Performing and Fine Arts Academy is to prepare 6-12th grade students who have strong personal interest in the arts to successfully pursue higher learning and a profession in an ever-changing world. We will help students discover and develop their unique skills and talents through an intense, integrated arts and academic program with high standards that combines critical thinking and a whole-person developmental approach to learning.
The Performing and Fine Arts Academy of the Natomas Charter School will be a high quality educational program for students in grades 6-12 that develops the whole person through a curriculum that integrates the performing arts and college preparatory academics. We aim to develop the students academically, artistically and socially so that they leave the school as independent, cooperative, responsible and creative young adults with a lifelong interest and ability in learning and the arts. We believe that these skills and qualities will prepare our students to pursue further educational goals and allow them to contribute to the life and well being of society as a whole.
Our vision includes the belief that:
- A strong academic program unlocks and supports the artistic potential of our students.
- The best discipline comes from a commitment to shared goals.
- The performing and fine arts encourage each individual to work in a creative, cooperative and collaborative manner while promoting independent thinking.
- Students learn best in a participative and creative environment placed within a firm framework of high standards in teaching and learning.
- Students need an understanding of, and access to, developing technologies in order to encourage participation and leadership in a technologically developing society.
Our program graduates students who will then have the option to pursue further studies in either the arts or academics at two-year or four-year institutions of higher learning.